Loutraki is 13 km. from Aridea, 20km. the ski resort and 100km. remove you from Thessaloniki. It has 1280 inhabitants and in 1922 began to develop rural tourism. Today there are many guesthouses for visitors.The residents of the Upper inhabited Loutraki, just miles from its current location.Loutraki last 10 days of August are the Pozaritika involving music and dancing. Guests combining the thermal
The City of Pozar is a city of Pella. Located in the northwestern part of the county and include specific relief, because there are big differences in height to reach the 1,500 meters. It occupies an area of 562,910 acres, becoming the first municipality in the area of the county and has (real) population 20,213 inhabitants. Headquarters is the Aridaia, which has gotten its name. The inhabitants
Tsegani or Old and New St. AthanasiosThe villages of Old and New Saint Athanasios is also known as "Tsegani. The year 1918, shortly after the release of our Macedonia was recognized as the community Tsegani, retaining its name until the year 1926. According to sources, the original name of the Meteora region was probably why the steep slopes of Mount Kaimaktsalan or Boras, but after the protests of
Arnissa was the capital of the former Vegoritidas municipality located on the shores of Lake Vegoritidas and at the foot of Mount Vora. According to the 2001 census, the DD ARNISSA had actual population of 1,550 inhabitants.Formerly called Ostrovou, Slavic word meaning island, name remained until 1926 when it took the name Arnissa which is prehistoric and omorrizo with city name Arni Lake Copais.During
In the area of Pozar www.pozar.info is a large complex of 17 caves, a pit 50 meters, and many silaiokatafygia. Formed thousands of years ago, when the water level was at the entrances to the caves before they formed the valley Pozar.Systematic excavations and explorations of caves in Pozar unearthed ample evidence that the indigenous population. There is evidence for the life of man from primitive tools (sharp and polished, sharp spikes of stone arrows), etc. articles indicate that the sites of caves used by the Neolithic or even Paleolithic era.
The Yeni Cami (New Mosque) in Edessa City is the only mosque preserved until now in very good condition. Built in 1904 at the expense of Fechmi Hasan Pasha and was the sixth time a mosque in the city. In 1937 he was declared a protected monument in 1942 and inaugurated the museum. The building is inspired by Byzantine architecture and more specifically the model of Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. Today, the Yeni Mosque Byzantine houses and industrial archaeological artifacts from Edessa and the wider region. The collection is unfortunately not open to the public.
By the late 14th century a large volume of water was accumulated in a lake west of the city. After a geological phenomenon, probably an earthquake, the water passing through the city and poured from the rock, creating numerous rivers. Hidden behind the profuse vegetation remain untapped for some time. In 1942 the Germans first saw the power of tourism and exploitation of the Cascade surroundings, creating two pools, flower beds and flower boxes. After the war, the space given to the municipality, who in turn arrange to plant flowers and trees. In 1953 he began operating the city restaurant "pools",
The Folklore Museum of Edessa housed in a two-storey building of 1932 (donated by the family Sivena) in the district WEIGHT. He began working on the initiative of the Cultural Association "Alexander." It hosts exhibits, pictures and objects from everyday life, culture as well as the manners and customs of the inhabitants of the city and the region.The areas covered relate to rural life, farming, sirotrofeia, textiles, etc. the waxwork Special topics are the items from the life of man, toys, objects to the rituals and tools for household and professional use of traditional practitioners.The museum
The Clock Tower built by the Ottomans in the center of Giannitsa around 1667-1668. The choice of location was a military criteria and wanted to control the commercial activity that took place across the city throughout the central Macedonia. It is a rectangular building has a height of 25 meters and is built of stone by the first 4 m and then brick.According to the inscriptionit was built by by Ahmed Sheriff , a descendant of Gazi Evrenos . Purchased by the City Giannitsa and proposed restoration and conversion into a museum of history of the city of Giannitsa.
It is bicameral Macedonian tomb with barrel-vaulted front four Doric half-columns. Its dimensions are 6.15 m wide and 6.15 m high and 10 meters long. The entrance door bore a stone relief. A second marble at the entrance door of the burial chamber has brought relief Medusa head Coloured and embossed aspidiskes. The tomb is full of ancient graffiti and votive inscriptions of the 1st century BC and the third century AD The most important refers to Hercules and Alexander Hero.The tomb dates to the late 4th century BC and investigated in the summer of 1994. After the excavation was housed and fenced.Second
The Mausoleum of Gazi Evrenos located at the junction of two roads, a short distance from the Clock Tower in Giannitsa City. This is the tomb of Gazi Evrenos of Ottoman person who won Giannitsa by the Byzantines, and most of central Macedonia.According to the inscription refers to the burial Evrenos Gazis, built in 1417. From the morphologic data, we conclude that it was disproved in the late 19th century. It consists of two rectangular surface area 230 square meters housed in a loft, which stood out from three small domes covered with pencil. The building has a richly decorated exterior and the
Agios DimitriosOn the hill overlooking the village Xifiani the old church of St. Demetrius, built in 1857 AD with special permission from Turkish authorities. The impressive bell tower and interior decor will impress any visitor.Saint HilarionArriving in the village of fighters and taking the road to the mountain come to the convent of St. Hilarion. The bishop served Ag.Ilarionas Moglenoi (18th century), as it was long the province Almopia. The monastery had 40 monks cells. Even operated a secret school.St GeorgeIn a unique natural environment in the Upper Loutraki is the Church of St. George.
Starting from the village of Loutraki Pozar or Pozar and follow the forest road you come to Happy Valley (Dobro-war), located at an altitude of 2000 m. A natural river with many small lakes of unique beauty.
In ancient times Edessa was fortified at two levels. In the lower city (Logos) and the Citadel. During the Byzantine period the city declined under the settlement to run over city's current position. After the conquest by the Turks in 1389, the settlement extends outside the walls, creating new districts mostly heathen, while Christians remain in and around the ancient core in three major areas.The WEIGHT (meaning fort) is the first Christian settlement established as a development of the Byzantine settlement that developed at the Acropolis and the ancient city. In 1944 the Germans burned the greater
6km. from Edessa at an altitude of 470 meters above sea level lies the lake and the wetland Agra - Islands and Vrytton. This lake of 5,972 acres of supplying water from the source of the river Edesseos. An artificial freshwater lake largely covered by aquatic vegetation, while the north is bordered by steep cliffs. Over 250 different bird species living in the wetland journals.The flora of the lake consists of ydrofytiki vegetation that grows on the surface of the reed vegetation and occupies the largest territory and creates ideal conditions for nesting and reproduction of fauna. The fauna of